We may collect and process the following information about you:
You may give us information about you when you sign up or register to use the App or any of the services that are provided through it. You may also give us information about you when you use the App, connect with sports clubs, sports retailers, manufacturers, event promoters and others through the App, take advantage of special offers and discounts, participate in loyalty schemes, make use of the App’s interactive features, complete a survey, provide comments and/or feedback, enter a competition or promotion or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise or when you report a problem with the App. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, email address, phone number, location, age and date of birth, gender, personal description, photos, details of interests and hobbies, financial and credit or debit card information and other personal information. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Each time you use the App, we may automatically collect and process the following information:
• Technical information about your Mobile Device or computer (in each case Device), including, where available, your Device’s IP address and other unique identifiers and operating system, as well as your Mobile Device’s mobile network information and telephone number. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual details about your use of the App, including, without limitation, traffic data, items you viewed or searched for, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access including response times, download errors, length of visit and interaction information and information about your actual location. Use of the App may require your location data for it to work properly and, by using the App, you consent to the transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data. You can turn off this functionality or withdraw your consent at any time by turning off the location services setting for the App on your Mobile Device (although the App may not function properly if you do).
We may receive information about you from relevant third parties when you sign up to or log in to the App (for example, Facebook, Google or WeChat). We may also receive from third parties (for example, sports clubs or sports retailers) details of your transactions with them and the fulfilment of your orders. Any data received from such other sources may be combined with data collected via the App. We may also work closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you sign up to or log in to the App using Facebook, Google or WeChat (or any other third party platform), your user profile on the App may be linked to your profile with such third party. However, you will have limited control over certain additional information contained within your profile, such as sporting interests and preferences, and you may review, correct or update this information at any time via the App. Other users of the App will be able to see your user name and profile information, including any photos (if applicable) you choose to make publicly available to other users.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information :
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and/or services that you request through the App
• To pass any comments and/or feedback you provide via the App to the third parties in respect of whom the comments and/or feedback were given
• To contact you from time to time in order to verify the details of your account with us
• To provide you with information about us and to send you newsletters and other relevant information
• To provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are similar to those you have already made use of or enquired about
• To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and/or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• To notify you about changes to the App and the services that are provided through it and to ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device
• To ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device
• To administer the App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
• To improve the App and to ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device
• To allow you to use, or to participate in, any interactive features available on the App, if you choose to do so.
• As part of our efforts to keep the App safe and secure
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the App about products and/or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, in each case as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (as amended from time to time). We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
• Business partners (including retailers), suppliers and contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others (although we will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers) and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App. We may disclose your information to third parties .
We employ generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information and all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or by our chosen third party provider(s) of payment processing services will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely private or secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your data transmitted via the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We may also store personal data on your Device using application data caches and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing or other communication you receive from us.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, without limitation, websites on which the App or any of the services that are provided through it are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.