“Sportside” (“Sportside”, “we”, “us”’ “our” ) is the trading name of WORLD SPORTS BUDDY LIMITED, a global local sports club. We are a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 09467807 and with our registered office 2nd Floor, 31 Chertsey Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4HD.
- Register as a user of Sportside and use the Sportside Service through the App or website;
- Use the Sportside App or website as or on behalf of a partner, for example as a coach or on behalf of a club or events and competition organiser;
- Communicate with us about any matter or enquiry; or
- Browse our website as an unregistered visitor.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
We require certain personal information to provide our service to you and so that you can use our App or website. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, so please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Typical personal information that we collect could come in a number of ways, including:
Information that you provide to us:
· Your name, address, age and sex;
· Your mobile number and email address;
· Any club or organisation you work for or are involved with;
· Any sports you are interested in;
· Any photographs that you post through the App or website;
· The content of any messages that you send via the App or website;
· We may also ask you for additional personal information which it is optional for you to provide but which will allow us to improve the service that we provide to you.
· We will always aim to make it clear which personal information is necessary for you to provide and which personal information is optional. However, if you are unsure as to whether you are required to provide any particular piece of personal information please ask. (See paragraph 6)
Information we collect from your device, including:
· The type of device you are using and the way in which it is configured;
· The IP address of your device;
· Where you use your fingerprint or other biometrics to log into the app, a token indicating successful validation of your identity;
· Your location (including by using the GPS facility on your device to identify this, where available); and
· Your activity when using the app and website, including events you sign up for, purchases you make and promotions and discounts you redeem.
Information that we collect from other app users and our partners, including:
· The content of reviews submitted by our users;
· The content of any messages that other users send to you via the App or website, or which are sent by other users which refer to you; and
· Where a partner chooses to enrol its membership to Sportside, any information about you which that partner provides to us as part of that enrolment process.
3. SPECIAL CATEGORY PERSONAL DATA AND CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We will collect information about criminal convictions and offences from coaching staff. Where this is the case we will do so in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the types of personal data we use, how we use it and our legal basis for doing so.
|What personal data do we process?||Why do we process this personal data?||What is our lawful basis for processing?|
|Identity Data: this includes your title, first name, surname and age, username or similar identifier.||• To set up and maintain your account, as well as your ongoing use of the Sportside App/Service.|
• To allow our Partners to contact you to arrange an activity or event.
|• To fulfil our contract with you in providing the Sportside Service and our Partner Services.
• To satisfy our legitimate interests (to run and operate the Sportside App and our business, to maintain our records, to answer any queries you are having with the App/ Service).
• carrying out checks to prevent fraud, to protect us from dishonest activity.
|Contact Data: this may include for example your billing address, email address and telephone numbers.||• To set up your account and enable you to use the App/Service|
• To contact you if there are any problems with the App/Service.
• To allow our Partners to contact you to arrange a requested activity or event.
• To let you know of any new or general updates about Sportside.
• To answer any queries that you may have.
|• To fulfil our contract with you.
• To satisfy our legitimate interests (to keep our records up to date).
• Our legitimate interest to provide exceptional customer service.
|Location Data: this includes your precise and approximate geo-location which is collected by Apple from the device you use to access the App/Service.||• To identify user location for notifications and local events of interest.|
• To allow our local Partners to contact you to facilitate a requested activity or event.
• To identify trends in App usage and address any location-specific issues with the App.
|• To provide our service to you.
• To satisfy our legitimate interest (to analyse user data – you can turn off location tracking at any time in the “Settings” section of your phone).
|Usage Data: we may process data regarding your use of the App, including App download and deletion, average time spent in the App, any problems reported, what is accessed on the App, your IP address, device type, and number and frequency of logins.||• To identify any problems, defects or issues with the App|
• To optimise the performance of the App/Service to ensure you have the best user experience.
• To improve future versions of the App/Service
|• To satisfy our legitimate interest (to enable you to use the App most effectively, improve the App/Service and make any necessary modifications and updates to the App/Service).|
|Technical Data: we may process your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and operating system.||• To optimise the performance of the App/Service to ensure you have the best user experience.||• To satisfy our legitimate interest (to enable you to use the App most effectively, improve the App/Service and make any necessary modifications and updates to the App/Service).|
|Survey/Review Data: this includes any review you post or any additional information you may choose to give us as part of a survey we conduct.||• To analyse user data and identify user trends and develop the Sportside offering.|
• To identify new user needs and develop appropriate new content.
• To promote the Sportside brand.
|• Your consent – it is completely up to you whether you share this data with us.
• Our legitimate interest (to promote the Sportside brand and offer an exceptional service.)
|Aggregate Data: This could include Statistical or demographic data.||• To identify user trends and develop the Sportside offering.||• To satisfy our legitimate interests (identify statistical trends and demographic trends to improve and develop the Sportside offering).|
|Advertising Data: we may receive aggregated personal data from third parties with whom we place adverts, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. This data will include statistics about who has interacted with our adverts, but we will not be able to personally identify you.||• To allow us to identify user behaviour trends.||• To satisfy our legitimate interests (identify trends in user behaviour to improve and develop the Sportside offering). You can manage how this data is shared in your Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or other social media account settings.|
We may use your identity, contact, usage or technical data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.(See below)
We will get your express opt-in consent should we share your personal data with any company outside Sportside for marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties without your explicit consent.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by ticking the ‘opt-out’ box in your profile, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages from Sportside, please allow 28 days for your details to be removed from our marketing list.
If you have given us your consent to use your personal information for a particular purpose, you have the right to freely withdraw this consent at any time by contact us as set out at Paragraph 16. Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of your personal information made before you withdraw your consent.
7. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Your personal information may be made available to other users and to partners when:
• You have included it in your profile;
• You sign up for a particular event;
• You follow or join a club;
• You otherwise connect with another user or partner, including sending messages through Sportside; or
• You become involved in a dispute with another user or a partner.
• Your personal information may also be shared with:
providers of outsourced services, such as hosting and IT support or maintenance services (to the extent necessary for the provider to provide those outsourced services to us);
• Our payment processor; and
• The prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
We may also share your personal information with third parties if we are under a duty to share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may share anonymised and aggregated information about our customers to third parties, such as advertisers, to allow them to select and send relevant adverts to our customers. We may also use such anonymised aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
8. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU), except to selected third parties that we have instructed to help us provide the App or website to you, and such third parties may process and store your personal data in any one of their geographically distributed data centres as part of its cloud platform.
In the case of transfers of your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU), where the transfers are not to countries that provide an adequate level of protection we will put in place appropriate safeguards to cover transfers of your personal data which may include, for example, signing standard contractual clauses/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. Please click here for a link to the standard contractual/data protection clauses.
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your browser or device. Some of our third party service providers may place third party cookies on your device that are necessary in order to help with the proper functioning of the App or website, such as storing and remembering your log-in details and automatically reporting any bugs or other issues with the App or website. For information about the cookies that we use on the Website, please read our Cookies Policy available here: https://sportside.com/cookie-policy.
10. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where you provide us with personal information we may retain this information for future use, including:
• To facilitate your use of Sportside;
• For record keeping purposes, such as keeping a record of your activity through Sportside;
• Exercising our rights in connection with our agreement with you;
• In the investigation of any complaint or allegation made by another user about you (or by you about another user or partner);
• Analysis aimed at improving Sportside;
• Undertaking surveys or market research regarding your experience of dealing with us;
• Providing you with news and updates of a type you have asked to receive; and
• Monitoring fraud and other illegal or unlawful activity.
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
As a result of us collecting and processing your personal data, you have the following legal rights:
• To access personal data held about you;
• To request us to make any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• To request your personal data is erased where we do not have a compelling reason to continue to process such data in certain circumstances;
• To receive your personal data provided to us as a data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where our processing of the data is carried out by automated means, and it is based on: (i) your consent; (ii) our necessity for performance of a contract to which you are a party to; or (iii) steps taken at your request prior to entering into a contract with us;
• To object to, or restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• If we ever use your personal data for direct marketing, you can ask us to stop and we will comply with your request; (See paragraph 5)
• If we use your personal data on the basis of having a legitimate interest (as set out in the table above), you can object to our use of it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection; and
• To object to, and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or could significantly affect you.
To exercise any of your rights set out above please contact us at email@example.com
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We also request that you take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Please chose a strong password for your account and do not share your log in details with anybody else.
13. THIRD PARTY LINKS
14. IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any concerns or complaints about the way that we use your personal data then in the first instance please contact us as described in paragraph 16.
If we are unable to resolve your concern or complaint then you can contact the can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s address is as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
16. CONTACTING US
Last Upated 16 November, 2020